Friday, December 14, 2007

AIDS - 1

Seems likely that someone might say, 'man would be most content and achieve utmost bliss only moments before the world would end.' I, for one, had too many such moments. Hi! I used to be known as Arnold till I was 17. You can call me anything now. I no longer exist.

I remember the first time I saw her. I was driving my car, the car my father used to drive till the week before. Ah! Her luscious lips added color to the night. That tiny pink dress, her long straight legs, the curls in her hair. It was like the perfect dream. I didn’t think she was for real. The overcoming view could not have been flesh and blood.

Then it happened, she looked at me. I felt my heart beat, my pulse racing and my mouth watering. Absolutely couldn’t swallow. I saw her walk towards me.

The next morning she left without telling me her name. The next time I learnt her name was Noree. I didn’t have her number or know her address. All I knew was where to find her; The same traffic signal where her presence once gave meaning to my existence. I was in love. She however never confessed her feelings. Oh! She was such a sweetheart. She used to playfully take money from my wallet every morning.

Then, I couldn’t see her for a few weeks due to my sudden sickness. Thought of her every moment. Then we met again. I felt better instantly, not knowing that would be the last time that I see her. I said to her, “Mum says there's a virus in my body. So don’t kiss me tonight dear.” I remember she smiled. I told her there were times I couldn’t feel my heart beat or my pulse racing, also my mouth was usually dry and that I absolutely couldn’t swallow. We talked the rest of the night. Then morning came and she was gone. There was money in my wallet. I never saw her again after that.

I remember the first time I saw her. I was driving my car; The car my father used to drive till the week before. Then he went missing. Noree once said she knew my dad.

I used to be known as Arnold till I was 17. Over the next five years, I was a bed number. I still wonder why she didn’t visit me there.

No comments: